We are looking to hire a Structural Engineer. Successful candidate willbe responsible for overseeing the effective implementation and construction of the plan design for any project. He will offer advice in the planning, coordination, and supervision of all technical aspects of the construction site, managing, developing, and maintaining construction projects, conducting on-site investigations, and overseeing all building-related activities. Successful Applicant will be involve solving technical issues, supervising construction workers, and analyzing data as well as assessing potential risks.
Job Title: Structural Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 – 5years
Job Field: Engineering/Technical
- Managing, designing, developing, and maintaining small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- Planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures and facilities.
- Working with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyze results of soil sample tests for damage control purposes.
- Providing technical recommendations on construction materials, sites, and infrastructure
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations and risk assessment
- Liaising with the site coordinator and architects on project sites
- Compiling job specifications and supervising tendering procedures
- Resolving design and development problems
- Making sure the project complies with legal and industry technical requirements.
- Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of building projects
- Managing, directing, and monitoring construction progress during each phase of a project
- Drawing up blueprints, using computer aided design packages and software to get the appropriate results.
- Ensuring compliance with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc. and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required.
- Monitoring progress and compile reports in project status
- Providing advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies.
- Oversee infrastructural design on all Company’s projects including roads or retail schemes and maintain the character of sites for natural beauty.
- Liaise with the Architects to assess site potential and establish general landscape requirements.
- Liaise with the structural and geotechnical engineer to investigate ground conditions and safe designs; and their fit for the aesthetical concept of the specific project
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D etc.
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approval
- Project management and supervision skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercially aware and capable of working well within a team environment.
- Sound mathematician with technical skills including physics.
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects.
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate.
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering. An MEng or professional certificate will be advantageous.
- At least 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar role within a construction company
- Must be a member of COREN or other professional industry regulatory body.
- Experience in project management, process redesign, and analytical skills are all valuable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a mail Titled, APPLICATION FOR POSITION OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEER with your CV and Cover letter attached, to [email protected] . Kindly ensure that your cv is saved with your full name.
Deadline for registration: 9th of April 2021
Visit us on menzonjobs.com for more job advert