Job Title: Group Head HCM
Job Type: Full Time
Previous/current Contracting, Outsourcing, Oil & Gas/Energy, Manufacturing in public/private sector would be an added advantage.
Job Field: Human Capital Management
- Recruitment and Selection: Attract, retain and motivate staff. Manage the recruitment process for employees and consultants ensuring that the right talent is identified and attracted. Coordinate the advertising of vacancies, assess applications, liaise with head hunters as required and interview applicants. Coordinate and manage the orientation of new employees, process probationary reviews, employee evaluations and terminations. Analyze the skills and qualities required for each particular job and develop job descriptions. Manage the contracting process for employees and consultants. Ensure that the on-boarding and staff induction process is up to date and conducted by Line Managers.
- Skills Development: Identify training/skills/competency needs within the Group. Coordinate career development, succession planning and talent management needs in partnership with line management. Develop a skills development plan for all staff within the prescribed timeframe. Ensure effective and equitable incentivization within the Group to ensure that results are been rewarded among partners.
- HR Reporting: Manage the HRMS, and compile monthly management reports as required.
- Performance Management: Implement performance management/talent management initiatives in order to ensure enhanced knowledge and skills sharing/transfer. Ensure that active performance management is practiced effectively, understanding at an individual level the personal and professional aspiration of each staff member and ensuring those are relayed through a line and performance management system that is responsive. Oversee and manage the Probationary Period and Annual Appraisal Reporting System, thereby ensuring that goals are set for new staff and that effective mentoring and periodic reviews are conducted prior to confirmation of employment and that annual reporting is carried out effectively thereafter.
- Policies and Procedures: Review, update and implement all HR policies and procedures in line with the best HR global practices.
- Budget & Cost Management: Set salary scales and allowances to ensure parity across the Group. Drive HR-related cost savings and manage HR budgets as set by executive management and working in conjunction with the Head of Finance on budget compliance.
- Administration: Maintain oversight of all administrative responsibilities of junior HR staff within different offices. Carry out regular internal audits of the HRMS and HR filing system within SharePoint. Manage the HRMS Payroll System and be responsible for forwarding final Pay Run Excel Data to the Finance Department within the required timeframe. Ensure a close working relationship with the Head of Finance.
- Championing the articulation and development of the Human Resources (HR) strategy and ensure alignment with the organization’s overall strategy and business objectives
- Identifying commercial HR business opportunities for the Group’s outsourcing firm.
- Maintaining relationship with and recruit external Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for execution of task as need arise.
- Deepening the company’s outsourcing business client base through focus, business acumen, and result oriented initiatives.
- Generate retainer-ship for outsourcing of personnel’s
- Provide consultancy services that geared profit generation for the company.
- Translating departmental strategies into specific operational plans and programs.
- Communicating the department’s strategic objectives, operational plans and programs to all staff ensuring mutual understanding of roles, responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Facilitating the development/update of an optimal organisation structure to support the achievement of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Manage the relationship between the organisation and employees appropriately; within a clear framework – by championing appropriate organisation culture, practices, policies
- Build synergy amongst partners
- Use of OKR and KPI to drive performance that focuses on results to achieve organizational goals.
- Support the work structure through continuous revision of the Organizational needs and wants, for renewal or redesign of the system
- Lead the Performance Management system towards aligning and developing the workforce for better business results
- Introduce and maintain initiatives that constitute Talent Management to achieve retention and optimal performance
- Build and maintain a good mix of qualified and competent workforce, to enable sustainable organisation performance through better decision-making about the current and future people needs of the business
- Drive deliberate, ongoing, efficient change programme that aim to establish constant improvement within organisations to optimize effectiveness and achieve organisation goals.
- Create and maintain a reward system that is market relevant, fair and cost effective, delivering programme that reward and recognize key employee capabilities, skills, and behaviour.
- Promote strategic business development for the Group and drive the HR outsourcing firm.
- Promote compliance of practices with the Labour Law
Qualifications and Certifications
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management or other related courses
- M.Sc. HRM or MBA is an added advantage
- Relevant Professional Certifications (CIPM, SHRM, CIPD, etc.)
- Performance and Reward
- Organisation Development
- Employee Relations
- Change Management
- Compensation and Benefit
Work Experience and Skills
- Minimum 6 years’ work experience in HR role with at least two (2) as Head, HR
- Ability to develop an understanding of the organisation and its context, and use these insights to tailor strategy/solutions to meet organizational needs now and in the future
- Core Competencies: Good planning, organizational, managerial, analytical and decision-making skills. Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people. Ability to train and use Initiative. Professional approach. Excellent administrative skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. People-centric. Flexible.
- Personal Characteristics: Excellent organizational skills. Attention to detail. Self-driven. Good communicator. Good interpersonal skills. Positive outlook on life. Assertive nature. Logical thinker. High levels of initiative. Work independently, with a high degree of responsibility. Work well under pressure and to deadlines. Fluency in English language and exceptional writing skills.
- Deep and requisite knowledge in Business Development and how to drive HR outsourcing firm
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a mail Titled, APPLICATION FOR POSITION OF GROUP HEAD; HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT. with your CV and Cover letter attached, to [email protected] . Kindly ensure that your cv is saved with your full name.
Application is strictly open to female applicant.
Deadline for registration: 7th of May 2021
Visit us on menzonjobs.com for more job advert