- Successful applicant would be responsible for running the Strategic Business Units (SBUs) profitably, generating results and as such, generally have decision-making authority related to business development for the Group, operating expenses, and driving up profitability.
- Manage and control all facets of contract formation, negotiation, and management and provide technical guidance and oversight of the procurement function to all levels of staff and management on a global level
- Successful applicant would lead and support the entire procurement life-cycle for all goods and services that the organization procures applying professional purchasing concepts, standards, and organizational objectives to complete complex procurement/contracting assignments
- Successful applicant would lead and collaborate with business units and offices in establishing quality improvements and process efficiencies.
Job Title: Profit Centre Manager (PCM) – Contract and Procurement
Job Type: Full Time
Previous/current supply chain/contract and procurement in public/private sector would be an added advantage.
Job Field: Contract and Procurement
- Contribute towards growth in company’s clientele and revenue base by ensuring maximal productivity of all SBUs.
- Provide day-to-day contract administration support and manage and administer the full life-cycle of the procurement and contracts processes.
- Draft complex legally binding contracts, agreements or instruments such as non-disclosure, teaming and lease agreements, purchase orders, contracts and subcontracts utilizing both custom and standard terms and conditions.
- Assist staff in negotiating contract terms and conditions ensuring that they are as favorable to Jamub’s business interests as possible, minimize risk and are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assess, evaluate, analyze, and interpret contract or agreement terms and conditions and recommend alternative language, solutions and/or assist in resolving any supplier risk compliance, or performance issues, as necessary
- Exercise good judgment in selecting best contracting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Serve as a subject matter expert in procurement and contracting and develops standards for legally binding agreements, contracts, policies, procedures, templates, tools and systems
- Examine, evaluate and participate in developing and negotiating contracts, and provide technical advice and guidance to minimize risk, ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and policies, and realize operational effectiveness and efficiency in these functional areas
- Provide subject matter expertise, advice, recommendations, training and guidance to staff and management on contractual and procurement related issues, policies, procedures, issues, and systems.
- Own the procurement process and support various procurement functions such as strategic sourcing, subcontracting, vendor file management, and assist staff in drafting of requests for proposals, specifications, terms of reference, evaluation criteria and sole source justifications
- Assist clients in ensuring that for all contracts and procurement actions, appropriate documentation is obtained, tracked and maintained within corporate databases, contracts or purchasing (business) systems in an accurate, systematic and timely manner
- Provide quality assurance and oversight to global contract and procurement-related functions by evaluating and identifying gaps in legal instruments, policies, procedures, business systems, processes or tools, and recommend and implement updates and/or improvements ensuring organizational efficiency, effectiveness and standardization
- Research unique legal or contractual issues impacting the organization regarding contract, procurement, regulatory, trademark, intellectual property and other international and corporate issues by identifying related best practices statutes, regulations, judicial decisions or codes – Have the ability to understand and interpret basic legal concepts and explain legal language to staff
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive, demonstrated professional contract/procurement experience including, but not limited to, sourcing, contract negotiation, monitoring and reporting contract performance
- Advanced knowledge and experience within the purchasing/contracting functions
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information to others both verbally and in writing and ability to satisfactorily resolve issues with customers
- Ability to accurately read, interpret, develop and negotiate terms and conditions of contracts
- Strong negotiating skills
- Skilled in the development and use of ERP/financial or other business systems
- Working knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Code and/or commercial contracting business terms
- Working knowledge of strategic sourcing concepts and methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to accurately translate complex contractual issues into easily understood summaries and solutions
- Advanced degree and/or or other related (contract or purchasing) technical training or certification
- Advanced writing skills in drafting contract correspondence
- In-depth working knowledge of contract drafting, management and change control processes
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills with business acumen to make sound management decisions/recommendations
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a mail Titled, APPLICATION FOR POSITION OF Profit Center Manager (PCM) Contract and Procurement. with your CV and Cover letter attached, to [email protected] . Kindly ensure that your cv is saved with your full name.
Deadline for registration: 16th of April 2021
Visit us on menzonjobs.com for more job advert