Candidate would be responsible for comprehensive design and consultancy services alongside execution of varied type of projects including public, corporate, residential and retail sectors.
Job Title: Project Manager (Construction/Engineering)
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 10 – 15 years
Previous/current experience in project management would be an added advantage.
Job Field: Building, Construction, Engineering, and Project Management
- Contribute towards growth in company’s clientele and revenue base by ensuring maximal productivity within strategic business unit operation.
- Managing, designing, developing, and maintaining small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- Planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures and facilities.
- Working with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyze results of soil sample tests for damage control purposes.
- Providing technical recommendations on construction materials, sites, and infrastructure
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations and risk assessment
- Liaising with the site coordinator and architects on project sites
- Compiling job specifications and supervising tendering procedures
- Resolving design and development problems
- Making sure the project complies with legal and industry technical requirements.
- Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of building projects
- Managing, directing, and monitoring construction progress during each phase of a project
- Drawing up blueprints, using computer aided design packages and software to get the appropriate results.
- Ensuring compliance with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc. and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required.
- Monitoring progress and compile reports in project status
- Providing advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies.
- Oversee infrastructural design on all Company’s projects including roads or retail schemes and maintain the character of sites for natural beauty.
- Liaise with the Architects to assess site potential and establish general landscape requirements.
- Liaise with the structural and geotechnical engineer to investigate ground conditions and safe designs; and their fit for the aesthetical concept of the specific project
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer or his designate
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Microsoft word, etc.
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approval
- Project management and supervision skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercially aware and capable of working well within a team environment.
- Sound mathematician with technical skills including physics.
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects.
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate.
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture or another related field. An MEng or professional certificate will be added advantage.
- At least 10 – 15 years’ relevant experience in a similar role within a construction company
- Must be a member of COREN or other professional industry regulatory body.
- Experience in project management, process redesign, and analytical skills are all valuable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a mail Titled, APPLICATION FOR POSITION OF PROJECT MANAGER. with your CV and Cover letter attached, to [email protected] . Kindly ensure that your cv is saved with your full name.
Deadline for registration: 20th of March 2021
Visit us on menzonjobs.com for more job advert