Our client, an indigenous engineering firm seeking to expand its workforce, requires the services of qualified engineering professionals.
Job Title: Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Qualification: BEng./B.Tech/HND/MEng. /MSc.
Experience: 5+ years
Job Field: Constructions/Engineering
- Participate in construction/engineering operations and supervision activities with strict adherence to plans.
- Undertake tasks related to specific areas of technical expertise or responsibility with high level of professionalism.
- Ensure the use of appropriate methodologies, systems and techniques in the performance of the job with strict compliance to regulation and standards.
- Ensure quality, adequacy and appropriateness of materials and equipment used for all works to ensure acceptable standard of delivery.
- Produce and/or review drawings, including working drawings, shop drawings and drawings for temporary works, and recommend appropriate modifications as necessary.
- Review designs, technical specifications, relevant calculations, costs and quantities to assist decision making.
- Carry out and/or supervise field tests, laboratory tests and other tests to achieve QA/QC objectives.
- Assist in the analysis, evaluation and interpretation of data gathered from investigations for sound engineering inferences and conclusions.
- Supervise the works carried out by contractors, identify inconsistencies and suggest reasonable corrective measures where necessary.
- Provide timely report of work and progress including ensuring all requisite documentations are maintained.
- Work as part of (and coordinate own work) with a multidisciplinary team to achieve common objectives.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision making always regarding company’s resources and adhere to code of conduct, policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the field area of responsibility
- Promote the company’s values and philosophy in the performance of your services.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in engineering or closely related disciplines.
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering, civil and infrastructure works and designs. (Experience working on mid to large scale highway/railway projects is an added advantage).
- Possession of relevant engineering license (COREN). Candidates without this may be considered for support roles.
- Proficiency in use of relevant engineering software, tools and equipment to deliver high quality error-free work.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant constructions/engineering laws, codes, regulations and documentation requirements
- Ability to make technical computations and calculations involving the application of engineering principles.
- Certification in project management is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in use of BIM 360 Autodesk, Primavera or related project management applications.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills and ability to apply technical knowledge.
- Ability to learn new techniques, follow established procedure and work independently or with little supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively across different levels as well as to effectively and professionally express ideas to both engineering and non-engineering audiences.
- Effective self-leadership and ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work within tight or varying schedules and deliver within timelines.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and demonstrate flexibility to a variety of schedules.
- Willingness to travel or relocate in response to project needs.
- Candidates with specialty and experience in the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply: permanent way engineering, maritime engineering, power supply, telecommunications design engineering and signalling, geotechnical engineering, hydrographic surveys and geographic information systems.
- Candidates outside Abuja are encouraged to apply as the job is mostly field-based.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and a cover letter as attachment to [email protected] with the subject as Application for the Post of Engineer. Ensure that your CV is saved with your full name.
Deadline for application is 18th February, 2022.